Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrQ
Helper V
Helper V

Run only users won't save

Dear community

I created a Flow that is triggering a child flow. The child flow is using a Microsoft Teams connection. In the child flow, under "run only users" I've selected "Use this connection".

In the parent flow, I wanted to change the "Run only users" to a security group. Strangely, some of the security groups can't be saved. Meaning, if I type in one of the security groups (let's call it "sec-group-A") it almost seems to work - I can select it, add it to the list and can even save it. However, after I've saved it just isn't there anymore once I reopen "Run only users". Hence, it somehow didn't save. 

Another security group can be saved though (let's call it "sec-group-B") and I can't figure out why.

I already tried to add "sec-group-A" and "sec-group-B" to the child flow under "Run only users" and it seems the behaviour is the same. sec-group-B is being saved, while sec-group-A just won't.

Does anyone know how to solve this? 

Thank you and kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mrQ
Helper V
Helper V

After some more research I found the cause for this issue:

sec-group-B is a security group of type "assigned" while sec-group-A is a group of type "dynamic". I was then wondering whether dynamic M365 groups would be allowed and indeed they work! 

So, whenever you'd like to share a flow with a dynamic group, make sure its a M365 and not a security group.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mrQ
Helper V
Helper V

After some more research I found the cause for this issue:

sec-group-B is a security group of type "assigned" while sec-group-A is a group of type "dynamic". I was then wondering whether dynamic M365 groups would be allowed and indeed they work! 

So, whenever you'd like to share a flow with a dynamic group, make sure its a M365 and not a security group.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,755)