cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chipper
Helper I
Helper I

Running a script is hit and miss.

I have a flow that starts when I new file is created.  Turns the CSV into an excel file, saves it to a one drive folder and then runs a script to clean up the file.  All of it works, up to the part of running the script.  If I open the file in Excel Online and run the script, all is good.  But when the flow tries to run it, I get this error.

We were unable to run the script. Please try again.
Workbook not found.
clientRequestId: f6513d18-324b-4f26-9544-d17c6a53d539

This is the raw output.

{
    "statusCode": 404,
    "headers": {
        "Access-Control-Expose-Headers": "Version",
        "x-ms-workflow-name": "****************************",
        "Version": "2.5",
        "x-ms-client-request-id": "****************************",
        "x-ms-request-id": "****************************",
        "Strict-Transport-Security": "max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains",
        "X-Content-Type-Options": "nosniff",
        "X-Frame-Options": "DENY",
        "Timing-Allow-Origin": "*",
        "x-ms-apihub-cached-response": "true",
        "Cache-Control": "no-store, no-cache",
        "Date": "Fri, 21 May 2021 14:23:44 GMT",
        "Content-Length": "165",
        "Content-Type": "application/json"
    },
    "body": {
        "message": "We were unable to run the script. Please try again.\nWorkbook not found.\r\nclientRequestId: f6513d18-324b-4f26-9544-d17c6a53d539",
        "logs": []
    }
}

Now, if I go back in and redrill back to the file again, all runs well

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 10.32.24 AM.png

{
    "statusCode": 200,
    "headers": {
        "Transfer-Encoding": "chunked",
        "Vary": "Accept-Encoding",
        "Access-Control-Expose-Headers": "Version",
        "x-ms-workflow-name": "*****************************",
        "Version": "2.5",
        "x-ms-client-request-id": "*****************************",
        "x-ms-request-id": "*****************************",
        "Strict-Transport-Security": "max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains",
        "X-Content-Type-Options": "nosniff",
        "X-Frame-Options": "DENY",
        "Cache-Control": "no-store, no-cache",
        "Set-Cookie": "ARRAffinity=fbf12317b41409d837dc9258ca2fd506a0e78d7705046af5c2a888ad2128246d;Path=/;HttpOnly;Secure;Domain=excelonline-eus.azconn-eus.p.azurewebsites.net,ARRAffinitySameSite=fbf12317b41409d837dc9258ca2fd506a0e78d7705046af5c2a888ad2128246d;Path=/;HttpOnly;SameSite=None;Secure;Domain=excelonline-eus.azconn-eus.p.azurewebsites.net",
        "Timing-Allow-Origin": "*",
        "x-ms-apihub-cached-response": "false",
        "Date": "Fri, 21 May 2021 14:31:46 GMT",
        "Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8",
        "Content-Length": "25"
    },
    "body": {
        "logs": []
    }

So I think it has something to do with the "File" portion of the excel part of the flow.  It is using the file ID instead of just the file name?

Any thoughts on how to get around this?

Thanks

Chip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chipper
Helper I
Helper I

I think I have figured this one out.  The Excel step for running a script does appear to use the file ID instead of the file name.  After running into some other issues with other triggers, I learned how to use "Get file metadata using path".  This one is different than using "Get File Metadata".  The second one uses the file ID to get the info, the first one uses the path to get the info and disregards the file ID.

This is the steps that I used.

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 8.27.36 AM.png

I have run this one several times on different files and so far it works.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
automate1t
Regular Visitor

I am also running up against this issue. I have an Excel spreadsheet which comes in daily which I save to OneDrive using Power Automate. I have an Office Script which then re-formats the file and I then need to distribute that file to a number of people. The issue is that when you use Power Automate to run the script even though you choose the file the script is actually looking for a specific file ID rather than the a file with a particular name. The result is that when the new file is saved in OneDrive it gets a new ID and the script then fails. For me it seems a really big problem because you either have to manually intervene to copy the data into the existing file or run the Office Script manually. In either case the automation bit goes out the window. I cannot see any good ways to achieve the automation I desire as the options for Excel in Power Automate are quite limited.

Chipper
Helper I
Helper I

Was wondering if anyone else had any thougth?

AlaskanPowrUser
Regular Visitor

also looking for a solution to this. 

AlaskanPowrUser
Regular Visitor

Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 3.42.39 PM.png

This is the script. Pretty basic. 

Chipper
Helper I
Helper I

I have a feeling that what we are going to have to do is create a blank worksheet. Then use power automate to populate that worksheet. Then run our script. 

Then, on the next day, clear that worksheet, and run the script again. 

AlaskanPowrUser
Regular Visitor

I have a slight variation, But i'm running across the same error executing a script. 

I receive an .xlsx via email, and I am unable to change the fact that the data within is not in a formatted table. So I'm in a rough spot, because (to my understanding) I am unable to read excel data unless it's in a table. 

The goal here, was to use power automate to trigger on receiving an email, pull the attachment, create file using content bytes, then run a script that simply turns a consistent set of columns into a table 200 rows down always (30 should be fine, buffer) and THEN I can get rows from that newly created excel table, and start backing up the data to a sharepoint list (eventually an sql table, but sharepoint for demo purposes) 

Chipper
Helper I
Helper I

I think I have figured this one out.  The Excel step for running a script does appear to use the file ID instead of the file name.  After running into some other issues with other triggers, I learned how to use "Get file metadata using path".  This one is different than using "Get File Metadata".  The second one uses the file ID to get the info, the first one uses the path to get the info and disregards the file ID.

This is the steps that I used.

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 8.27.36 AM.png

I have run this one several times on different files and so far it works.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,108)