cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajatchamria
Regular Visitor

Running action every 3rd run of the Flow

I have a Flow, where one of the step is to run PowerBI Dataset Refresh. My flow runs every hour and pushes data to a Database Table. The PowerBI Dashboard then reads data off of that table, but only when I do a Dataset-refresh. I want to tie the dataset-refresh into the Flow, but If it runs every hour with the Flow, it'll refresh 24 times a day, while the dataset-refresh limit is 8 time per day. 

How can I control the Dataset-refresh action, such that it is only executed on every 3rd Run of the Flow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

You can write a condition to check current hour and then compare it with a predefined hour. Example below

if formatDateTime(utcNow(), 'hh') equals 9 OR 12 then you can refresh power BI Dataset.

Now if you would like, you can also convert utcNow to your timezone and then format it.

PrasadAthalye_0-1619968005492.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

You can write a condition to check current hour and then compare it with a predefined hour. Example below

if formatDateTime(utcNow(), 'hh') equals 9 OR 12 then you can refresh power BI Dataset.

Now if you would like, you can also convert utcNow to your timezone and then format it.

PrasadAthalye_0-1619968005492.png

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

Thank you for that tip. It works. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,360)