cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
javier_perez
Frequent Visitor

SIMPLE flow question (CDS license)

Hi

we are new to o365, and im testing flows.

In my first flow i use a template flow:

when a element is inserted in a sharepoint list --> mail to the approver --> if ok --> move the element to another list...

but the mail never sends because the "approval" connector fails with '429' i need a CDS dabase to run it.

My license is Enterprise, and i also have flow free license.....is enough to run the flow?

if not, can i do the same without the approvals connector?

regards

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @javier_perez
Why don't you use the action "Send an email with options"? Ok,this doesn't give you the full approval experience but if you are only after a yes / no  kind of response then this could quite well work for you.

v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @javier_perez,

Could you please share a screenshot of the flow run history when it run failed?

Could you please share more details about the error message?

I agree with @Pieter_Veenstra's suggestion that you could take a try with the "Send an email with options" action and you could create a flow as below:

Capture.PNG

Best regards,

Alice

Thanks all

now i figured out that i need more that a Free flow license to run "approvals" connector... (i dont know why i think this must be a basic and free feature for o365 enterprise license....)

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Action-Start-an-approval-failed/m-p/1749...

But....im not preety much secure about it: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/overview-of-workflows-included-with-sharepoint-d74fcceb-3a6...

If any of you can clarify if with a enterprise license can i run a approval flow or not, it would be very good. 

For now i try to run the flow as you suggests.

Thank you.

javier_perez
Frequent Visitor

i can confirm that to use the "approvals" connector you have to use a license different from the ones you have with a enterprise o365.

in my case i activate a trial: PowerApps Plan 2 Trial, and now the approvals connector works.

Hello

Yes...as you comment i dont have a fully approval experience.... the comments for rejected are very important, and you dont have it in this kind of flow. Approval connector give you that.

Anyway can be a good approach

thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,290)