cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aryx

SPO move file from 1st library to 2nd if condition matches

Hello,

I've been struggling with making this Power Automate flow.

I basically have this calculated column that calculates expiry date.

Iterate through all files and check If the expiry date >= today - then move the file to expired library.

Both libraries have same columns.

When I test the flow I get this error

Missing or mismatched field definition on the destination list for source field 'Validity' type 'Number'. Source site template id 'GroupWebTemplateID', target site template id 'GroupWebTemplateID'. Total blocked root objects in this operation is [1].\r\nclientRequestId: 144acadf-7c0a-400a-bef9-94d491ae2a4f\r\nserviceRequestId: 144acadf-7c0a-400a-bef9-94d491ae2a4f

The validity column is just number column and definetely present in both libraries,
Any clue?

Cheers.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Aryx 

We can change the display name as many times as we want, but can never change the internal name once column is created in SharePoint. So you can try to delete the old column and create new column named 'Validity'.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-LilyW-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Aryx 

When move files from a library to another library, these field names and types of the two libraries should be exactly the same. The error means destination library is lack of "Validity" field which type is Number. Please check whether the internal name of the validity column in the destination library is ‘Validity’.

You can find column internal name via Library settings -> Click on the column name -> It’s at the end of the URL on the Edit column page, after ‘Field=’.

vLilyWmsft_0-1644291902754.png

Hope the content above may help you.

Best Regards

If my solution helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-LilyW-msft 

Thank you for the reply.

Indeed their "Field" values are different, although their Column are same.

Field=Validity

Field=Validity_x0028_Months_x0029_

Is there a way to amend this?

Thanks

Hi @Aryx 

We can change the display name as many times as we want, but can never change the internal name once column is created in SharePoint. So you can try to delete the old column and create new column named 'Validity'.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Best Regards.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,981)