Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bapt_69
Helper I
Helper I

SQL Server - update row on different databases

Hello,

I would like to do a query with "Execute query" but I saw it's not working with on-premise gateway...so...I use Update row.

I get all the line I want with a view (a view who get all the line in every db I use) and I do a Each For for each line I get. And for each line, I get the "Structure" which is the name of the database where the line I wanna update is.

On the "Update row" I put "Stucture" on the name of the DB but I don't get the name of the field...so I can't put the value I wanna update.

Here is my flow (I don't know how to post a picture...) :

Timer

Get line (connection on my db/view)

Each for

Approbation (visa)

Update row (connection on the embedded db)

Send a mail to the creator

3 REPLIES 3
Bapt_69
Helper I
Helper I

Hey,

here is a part of my flow :

FLOWachats.png

v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Bapt_69 ,

You could only get the fields when you choose the table of the database in the drop down list.

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I think you didn't understand (I wasn't clear enough I guess)

In my "Update Row" action, I don't have any field. I have to notice 1 database and 1 table. Here, I put a variable in the field "Database" and the name of the table in the field "Table". So, I have "ID" and "item" and not all the field from the Table.

If I fill 1 database and 1 table, I see all the field! If I do it like that, I have to create 12 connexion and 12 flows (note I have 12 databases). And I would have only one flow (cause only one flow to modify if needed).

NB : Notice I get the line from a view (which get lines from many databases) and I update the line on the Table of each database

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,663)