cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dallas-Chambers
Frequent Visitor

SUPER STUCK! Cant Pull Contact ID - Need Form to Create Case

Hi All!

My end goal is to have a internal user fill out a MS Form, and have that data create a case in D365. I took all are users in the system and made them all contacts. When a user fills out the form I have a field to capture their email. 

DallasChambers_0-1624468496139.png

I am extremely new to Power Automate and I am learning this as I go. So this is all new and I don't know all the secret's yet. I know that when I use Dataverse to create the case they need the contact ID to create the case under that contact. I know that the contact ID live in the URL on the contact page in Dynamics.

I know from another post that I need to use 'List Rows' to search all contact and see if they exist. I am not sure how to do this and also not sure if I need to use 'user email' or 'contact id' to check if they exist. I have been stuck on this for a long time and am getting no where. I really need some guidance on how to complete this. I have looked all over YouTube, MS docs, plus tons of other online resources.  

I really would like someone to help me understand the logic in the flow and help me learn what I need to do to make this work. There has to be a way for this to work. take the response from the MS form and create the case. 

1 REPLY 1
Dallas-Chambers
Frequent Visitor

I have made some progress on this, I see a lot but not the contact id.

DallasChambers_0-1624551391798.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,289)