cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brice235i
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Save Conflict - When Planner task is completed update SharePoint list item

Hi, I have a set of planner tasks in a bucket for a subject area e.g. Course 1 - Task 1, Task 2, Task 3.

Course 1 is an list item in SharePoint with columns for task status for Task 1, Task 2, Task 3.

When the task in Planner is closed a flow updates the status for the associated task column.  

Unfortunately people are closing out the tasks all at once, without a significant delay between each one.  Therefore I'm getting a save conflict on the Update Item action and the flow is failing.

Unfortunately the Retry setting the the update item action isn't working.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brice235i
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi there, unfortunately no.  The solution was to create another list "Completed Tasks". with a yes/no column "Processed" .  When a task is completed a single list item is created in "Completed Tasks".  A scheduled flow gets all the list items from "Completed Tasks" where Processed = no.    Loop through them to get the original list item and then update the parent list item... then update "Completed Tasks" Processed = Yes.  
I wonder if I should submit a uservoice idea to include the 400 error in the Update Item Retry setting...  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @Brice235i 

Would inserting a delay help?  Is the conflict between the users and the flow or all of the flows running together?

DamoBird365_0-1614753778743.png

The other option might be to reduce concurrency.  

DamoBird365_1-1614753904801.png

Damien

Brice235i
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi there, unfortunately no.  The solution was to create another list "Completed Tasks". with a yes/no column "Processed" .  When a task is completed a single list item is created in "Completed Tasks".  A scheduled flow gets all the list items from "Completed Tasks" where Processed = no.    Loop through them to get the original list item and then update the parent list item... then update "Completed Tasks" Processed = Yes.  
I wonder if I should submit a uservoice idea to include the 400 error in the Update Item Retry setting...  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,112)