cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S_Tran
Helper III
Helper III

Save Outlook Email as PDF and save it to Sharepoint.

Is it possible to convert the any new email to a pdf file then saving it to Sharepoint? I was successful saving the email attachments to Sharepoint but having trouble converting to pdf.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @S_Tran,

Yes, it is possible to do it, you could following these steps to store the Email body as HTML file, then convert it into PDF file.

Annotation 2020-05-14 135200.jpg

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @S_Tran,

Yes, it is possible to do it, you could following these steps to store the Email body as HTML file, then convert it into PDF file.

Annotation 2020-05-14 135200.jpg

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-litu-msft 

So you still use the "create file" for onedrive regardless if you are saving the pdf to sharepoint?

@v-litu-msft 

I tested your suggestions and it worked.  But there was a part of the email (in the body area) that didn't convert.  I suspect maybe the body of the email might have an image or table embedded because it didn't pickup when creating the file.

Hi @S_Tran,

If you want to use the convert file feature, the file should keep in the OneDrive, you could create a delete file action after converting completed.

These pictures in the Email body couldn't be extracted it is a known shortage.

Best Regards,

@v-litu-msft 

In the email there's actually not pictures but a embedded table.  Seems like the convert feature is not converting HTML correctly to PDF.  I tried converting a regular email message and it worked perfectly fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,600)