Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DTreg1
Level 8

Save PowerApp Attachments to File System Folder

Hello,

Trying to get some help on something

Ok, so I can currently save all file types to a file folder on a shared drive from a PowerApp IF I created the file system connector for the flow, but when I share the app with others in my organization, it asks them to sign into the file system before they can get to the app. Most of them have no idea what it is, I am trying to figure out a way to "embed" the file system connection into the flow so that they don't have to sign in. I've been trying with Get Connector and Create Connection but we're unable to pass the gateway parameters through this method. I can't find much documentation on how to properly fill out the information like authType but I believe I had it all filled out correctly. I have tried making them a co-owner of the flow but the connection doesn't pass over to them even though it says it's embedded...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Save PowerApp Attachments to File System Folder

Hi @DTreg1 

Try Run only users option and click edit and see the options.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

DTreg1
Level 8

Hi @abm 

I'm not quite sure I understand what you you'd like me to try, I'm not sure where that option is, would you be able to provide a snap shot of that please?

Thank you!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DTreg1,

How about store these PowerApp attachments into a SharePoint Folder? You can share the folder directly, manage the folder access, other users also could view and edit these files, and it is no need for the gateway on-premise.

This is the document that how to share SharePoint folder:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-sharepoint-files-or-folders-1fe37332-0f9a-4719-970e-d...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,324)