cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megha-Akash

Save a downloaded file in a folder whose path is stored in a PowerShell output variable

I downloaded a file and I want to save it in a folder. The path of the folder is in a variable `PowerShellOutput5`

Megha-Akash_0-1620577192634.png

The file is downloaded and is saved when the folder is explicitly mentioned. But I want to save the file whose path is in a variable. When the above flow is run, the file is not saved. How to achieve this?

The URI is taken from `PowershellOutput` and `PowershellOutput2` and this works fine. Only the latter part (path of the folder (`PowershellOutput5`)) doesn't work. 

2 REPLIES 2
Rilsina
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

You can use set variable action to create a variable with your custom file path. Then you this variable to save your file.

Rilsina_0-1620640835848.png

Rilsina_2-1620640873939.png

Rilsina_1-1620640865974.png

Hope this helps!.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Megha-Akash

It didn't work. First, I didn't mean that. I already have the value of the path. The folder is dynamically created based on the current month in the flow. So, I cannot specify the full path to the directory explicitly. I already have the full path in the variable `PowershellOutput5` and hence I don't need to set a new variable. Also, I want to download the file with the name received and not any custom name. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,205)