cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megha-Akash

Save a downloaded file in a folder whose path is stored in a PowerShell output variable

I downloaded a file and I want to save it in a folder. The path of the folder is in a variable `PowerShellOutput5`

Megha-Akash_0-1620577192634.png

The file is downloaded and is saved when the folder is explicitly mentioned. But I want to save the file whose path is in a variable. When the above flow is run, the file is not saved. How to achieve this?

The URI is taken from `PowershellOutput` and `PowershellOutput2` and this works fine. Only the latter part (path of the folder (`PowershellOutput5`)) doesn't work. 

2 REPLIES 2
Rilsina
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

You can use set variable action to create a variable with your custom file path. Then you this variable to save your file.

Rilsina_0-1620640835848.png

Rilsina_2-1620640873939.png

Rilsina_1-1620640865974.png

Hope this helps!.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Megha-Akash

It didn't work. First, I didn't mean that. I already have the value of the path. The folder is dynamically created based on the current month in the flow. So, I cannot specify the full path to the directory explicitly. I already have the full path in the variable `PowershellOutput5` and hence I don't need to set a new variable. Also, I want to download the file with the name received and not any custom name. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,886)