Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ck25415
Level 8

Save a string value to people picker field

Hello,

I have library A where I upload files. I have email addresses saved in a multiline text field(Email) for each file. The flow trigers when a file is uploaded into this library. I use get properties from artcile action to get the details of the file and save the email address to a variable using the expression 

body('Get_properties_from_article')['OData_Email'].

I would like to save these email addresses to a people picker field in a different list by create item action. The email address wont save into people picker when assign the people picker field with the variable and the output is blank. How I do save them into people picker field.

Thanks,

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Save a string value to people picker field

Hi @ck25415,

Could you please share more details about the people picker field that you mentioned?Is it a Person column?

If the people picker field that you mentioned is a Person column, you could refer to screenshot below to save a email address to the person column as below:

Capture.PNG

The expression in the person Claims column should as below:

i:0#.f|membership|xxxx@xxxxxx.com

Best regards,

Alice

ck25415
Level 8

Hello Alice,

Its a person or group field with multiple selections allowed. I wanted to input the email addresses that are saved in the variable(using expression body('Get_properties_from_article')['OData_Email'].) to this people picker field. It wont let me save because the email addresses are from a string field. Any idead how to convert them to save into people picker field.

Thanks,

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ck25415,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

ck25415
Level 8

Hello Alice,

Email is a field(multi line text field) in the library papers where we save email addresses. I used authordetails variable to save these email addresses after getting the properties from article. I use this information to create a wiki page in Publish library where Author is a people picker field and assign the authordetails variable to save those email addresses in this field.

peoplepickerfield.JPG

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 218 members 4,548 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: