cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Save an excel file based on data from CDS

Hello,

I create a model-driven app. I have an entity "Project Periods"  (each project can have different periods)

Period Project
JanProject1
FebProject1
MarProject1

and entity "Volumes"

PeriodProjectModelVolume
JanProject1X1
JanProject1Y2
FebProject1X3

and entity "Models"

Model
X
Z

The flow will be run from "Project" entity using button on embedded canvas app. It needs to get current record's ProjectID and as a result save an excel/csv table that using tables aboce will look like this:

ModelJanFebMar
X13 
Y2  
Z   

It is easy for me to filter and list all necessary data but I really have no idea how to make the final step and pivot this data and save it to an excel file. The idea is that a user can export a blank table with listed models and periods as a columns (and if there are any already filled volumes they will be there too), fill it and import it again to app (but this is not the case for now, right now I just need to make it possible do export a file)

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Save an excel file based on data from CDS

Hi @Termigez1 how are you?

@Termigez1 I think that you can create a Power Automate flow and call it from Power Apps passing some parameters, please check this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/using-logic-flows

At the flow, use the connector for Excel, SharePoint or One Drive to create the file, add a table to the file an add the information from those entities. 

Please let me know if this information helped on your question.

Regards.

Rodrigo Hentz

Microsoft Support Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,741)