AngeloA
Helper III
Helper III

Save and close an activity and create a new one with the same "regarding"

Hi,

I need to set up a process where

=> a user selects a value from an option field

=> The process saves the record and marks it complete

=> Create a new activity with the same regarding, and possibly copies some other fields over

=> Open a new Quick Create form with the new record

=> the user adds data and saves the new record

Would flow be the right tool to use, and can anyone point me in the right direction of how I may achieve this?

TIA 

2 REPLIES 2
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @AngeloA I'll use A from to provide a way to filed your first value, the save that value in a sharepoint list, so fom here use sharepoint to add more data and if this dats needs to create more task, I'll try Planner is you need answers like complete or not, and this could be used in a condition to save all data in anothe sharepoint list that content all the flow process in a simple record.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA

Thanks @ChristianAbata, that sounds very creative, I'll try and set it up and see how it works 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,001)