My flow I'm trying to make (this is pretty much my second Flow ever), my goal is this:
1) Daily automated email comes into a Shared mailbox with an XLSX attachment
2) Flow saves the attachment to a specific folder in SharePoint [This works]
3) Flow copies rows from that saved XLSX into an existing XLSX master log. [This fails]
I've done some research and discovered issues around List Rows with Flow not working with [Id], so I found this workaround online (http://johnliu.net/blog/2019/5/workarounds-needed-to-use-the-excel-connector-in-microsoft-flow) but I'm so inept, I don't think I know what I'm doing. By the way, where he specifies "drive" I get a bit muddled... my document library name is "Do".
Here's the error I'm getting:
Can you please share details on the send http reuest action to sharepoint action from your flow? What is it that you are doing with this action? (If you could post a screenshot of teh flow, barring any sensitive information we will be able to assist you better)
two things here:
1. You do not need the HTTP request action here as the files can be directly referenced from the create file action.
2. For all the excel actions, these do not support dynamic file names (coming through variables or previous steps etc). You have to manually choose the excel file from the selector by clicking the small document icon on the xtreme right in the excel action file tab.
Hope this Helps!
Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.
Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!
Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!