cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MVB1
Frequent Visitor

Save attachment from all email

Hi all,

At the moment i have a working flow to save all attachments from my email to a Sharepoint.

I'm using the trigger 'When a new email arrives V2' for this.

Annotation 2020-02-10 140308.png

At the moment i've got it working if i select a folder. I was wondering if there is a way to have this working for the complete mailbox. I'm using a lot of folders and rules to get mails instantly in different folders and i would love to see this working trough my complete mail.

Anyone who can help me with this? If i leave folder blank, it doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
burgett94
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello @MVB1 

You could use the Move email (v2) action instead of rules. This way, you trigger will pick up the new email, you can then use the action to save the attachments then the final action would be to move the email to the required folder.

Hope this helps

Bradley

Best regards,

Bradley
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ChristianAbata
Super User
Super User

hi @MVB1  it is no posible to do that. Sorry.

Did I answer your question? Please consider to Mark
my post as a solution! to guide others :winking_face:

Proud to be a Flownaut!

If you want you can follow me at www.christianabata.com Quieres contenido en español? Síguenos en Power Automate LA
burgett94
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hello @MVB1 

You could use the Move email (v2) action instead of rules. This way, you trigger will pick up the new email, you can then use the action to save the attachments then the final action would be to move the email to the required folder.

Hope this helps

Bradley

Best regards,

Bradley
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

View solution in original post

v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MVB1 ,

You need to specify Folder when configuring When a new email arrives. This is a required parameter, but only one folder can be selected.

Please consider creating multiple similar flows to monitor the changes of Messages in different folders.

You can use Save as to create a copy of the Flow and then change the folder in the trigger so that you can monitor the requirements of all folders.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
MVB1
Frequent Visitor

Hi Burgett94,

Thanks for giving me this idea! I did the same, but then in Rules in Outlook. So my first rule would be to trigger it to go to my inbox, after that it will continue the rules as per they were, so no real difference in my Way of Working has been made AND i can trigger my flow from my Inbox as all will come in there and will move to the right folder after. When that happens, my flow has already ran.

Blarue
Frequent Visitor

can you share your flow for getting emails to save to sharepoint? i am trying to get emails to save to a document library but the files are always coming over all messed up, i keep getting this instead of the file ... 

Blarue_0-1622592222639.png

Benim makrolarım

MVB1
Frequent Visitor

Hey! Of course i can share it. Below is a screenshot of my complete Flow.

Hope this helps. The only reason i got that format date in the create file part, is to make sure we won't have duplicate filenames.

Good luck! And let me know if you need anything else!

FlowFlow

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (844)