cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Save email attachments from shared mailbox to SharePoint online doc library on Daily/Weekly basis

Hi, I am looking for a way to create a custom flow that will save attachments from shared mailbox into a SharePoint document library on Daily or weekly basis only (not when each mail arrives). I know there is an option to use trigger "When a new email arrives in a shared mailbox" & then use "Apply to each" along with "Create file". But it is running on every mail arrival. My requirement is little different. I need to create a custom Flow that trigger on 00.30 AM and check all the mails of Yesterday inside shared mail box and save the attachments from all the mails to a SharePoint online document library inside a folder. Means firstly Flow creates a folder with Yesterday Date & then save all the attachments of emails to that folder. It run on daily basis re-cursively. Can we achieve this through any custom Flow creation? If Yes, then please let me know the solutions/steps. Waiting for replies... Thanks in Advance 🙂
5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @NishantAgr,

I afraid that there is no any way to achieve your needs with flow if you want to check all the mails of Yesterday inside shared mail box, since the "Get emails" action could only get email from a personal mailbox, it couldn't get emails from a shared mail box.

If you could modify your requirement to get email from a personal mailbox, you could refer to screenshot below to create the flow:

Capture.PNG

The expression in the Folder Path as below:

formatDateTime(addDays(utcNow(),-1),'yyyy-MM-dd')

Best regards,

Alice

@v-yuazh-msft - Thanks Alice. this is wonderful solution for mail box option. but i am looking for input for Shared Mailbox thing. Your response much appreciated.

Hi @NishantAgr,

As I have replyed before, there is no any way to achieve your needs with flow currently, if you want to check all the mails of Yesterday inside shared mail box, since the "Get emails" action could only get email from a personal mailbox, it couldn't get emails from a shared mail box.

You could submit an idea to flow idea forum so the function to get emails from a shared mail box mignt be considered in the future release:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regrads,

Alice

Hi Alice, i am looking for action to move emails into subfolder from shared mail box.

Any ideas please.

Regards

RV Kondra.

Has the ability to get emails from a group mailbox changed since you posted this over a year-and-a-half-ago?

When working in an enterprise environment, it doesn't make sense to change the requirements from a group mailbox to a personal one.

Many business processes are not going to send emails to an individual/personal mailbox, but instead a group mailbox where a number of people have access and are supporting it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,319)