cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Save new email attachments in SharePoint and add a row to Excel

Hi,

I created a flow with the template:  Save new email attachments in SharePoint and add a row to Excel.

Now I would have to enter something in "add a row into a table" but in the Add dynamic content is nothing I have to enter there.
What am I supposed to do there?

flow1.png

flow2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Save new email attachments in SharePoint and add a row to Excel

Hey @frixel2 

In my first comment I suggested that. But when I tried doing it myself, here are some limitations that do not fulfill the purpose: 

1. The filter query for excel connector supports one 'eq' statement only so you can get the columns with 51 with one action and then you will have to add another list rows action to get the columns with the other number and you will have to repeat this for every item you want to get.

2. The condition statements will recognize the columns only if the excel sheet is provided by navigating to the one created already but since the flow will create the excel sheet, no dynamic content will be available for you to process further and you will have to use the output of the action as it is. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @frixel2 

Can you share more details? What data is it that you want to fill in the excel? Note that the attachments that are being retrieved from the email and new files being created in SharePoint, you will see dynamic data for the trigger and the create file action only. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi, Thanks for your quick response.

What I want to do is:
A .xlsx file from the mail must be filtered and forwarded as a new file.

I've been working on it for 2 days but I can't get it done:-(

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @frixel2 

It will not work like that. The get attachment content will get you only the content of the file as a binary object. To get the actual columns, you might want to actually save the excel on sharepoint or onedrive and then do a list rows from a table and then filter. 

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @frixel2 ,

If add a row into a table, it should append value into the field, it shouldn't be the empty value or it will report 400 error.

What you want to do is add a column into the excel file once an email arrived? And forward the file by sending an email?

I think you could tell us more details about the filter condition.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-litu-msft  @yashag2255 

The intention is that from column A only the lines with the numbers 51 & 54 are mailed in a new file.

it can be thousands of lines.

flow3.png

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @frixel2 

Unfortunately that is currently not doable with Flow as the rows of the excel file that has arrived in email cannot be extracted within the flow itself.

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @yashag2255 

But I now have a flow that the mail is saved on Sharepoint and that it is then turned into a Table.

Is it then not possible to filter with a new flow (if the file has been modified / Table created) on the numbers 51 & 54 in column A and then e-mail?

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @frixel2 

In my first comment I suggested that. But when I tried doing it myself, here are some limitations that do not fulfill the purpose: 

1. The filter query for excel connector supports one 'eq' statement only so you can get the columns with 51 with one action and then you will have to add another list rows action to get the columns with the other number and you will have to repeat this for every item you want to get.

2. The condition statements will recognize the columns only if the excel sheet is provided by navigating to the one created already but since the flow will create the excel sheet, no dynamic content will be available for you to process further and you will have to use the output of the action as it is. 

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Super User Program Update

Three Super User rank tiers have been launched!

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,738)