cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
icTheo
Level: Power Up

Save specific attachment from outlook 635 to Teams channel (stuck after designing conditions)

Hi all, I'm new to MS Flow and am stuck designing a flow to save certain attachments received in a shared Outlook 365 mailbox to a specific Teamsite. I have determined the conditions, so far so good. But what do I choose next to save the attachments to this Team channel? Appreciate your help. Theo

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Re: Save specific attachment from outlook 635 to Teams channel (stuck after designing conditions)

Hi @icTheo , thank you for your post:

The teams connector has the following actions:Capture-455.png

You may get some success with adaptive cards using the format detailed at this post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Including-a-user-photo-in-an-Adaptive-Card/m-p/25...

Although, this may just be images.

The below post mentions "if you send an email with an attachment to a Microsoft Teams channel email address, the email AND attachment are supposed to be saved in the underlying document library"

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Attachments-within-emails-sent-to-Teams-Chann...

So maybe you can email them to the channel but as far as I can see there is no OOTB way to save the attachments there although if you or someone finds a solution I'd be really keen to see that posted below in this thread. Until then, email them or look to see if you can make adaptive cards fit perhaps.

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

icTheo
Level: Power Up

Re: Save specific attachment from outlook 635 to Teams channel (stuck after designing conditions)

Hi Allen, I changed my approach a bit and found this link to save the attachment to a sharepoint sit. This might as well do it for us. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Save-email-attachments-from-shared-mailb...

Will check next few days if it works. Best regards and greetings from Holland, Theo

Super User
Super User

Hi @icTheo , thank you for the update & greetings from Scotland! Smiley Happy

SharePoint is better supported at present so glad to hear you have an approach you are happy with pursuing.

Please let mw know how you have gotten on.

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,617)