cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill51106
Helper III
Helper III

Saving Excel file to SharePoint with time and date stamp

I receive a automated daily report that is named the same from the same sender. My goal is to save the file to SharePoint with the date and time it was received. I have followed the guide: Flow: Excel Formats Only | Save New Email Attachments to SharePoint - (alanps1.io)

When I get to the end I receive a set variable error. Correct to include a valid reference to 'Compse_FileExtension' for the input parameter(s) of action 'Set_variable'. Has anyone seen something similar? Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Expiscornovus
Super User
Super User

Hi @Bill51106,

In the instruction from Alan the expression was:

outputs('Compose_FileExtension')[1]

Did you use that? In your error I see a small difference. Is your action called Compse_FileExtension instead of Compose_FileExtension?

DamoBird365
Super User
Super User

Hi @Bill51106 

Sounds like a typo.  Have you renamed an action after calling it further down your flow?  Like this Compse_FileExtension, missing an o in compose.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

@Expiscornovus great catch, that was a typo on my part typing it out though.

Bill51106
Helper III
Helper III

I included some screen shots. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I try to copy / paste as much as possible, my hands jerk on occasion and this has caused issues!

Bill51106
Helper III
Helper III

I had a typo somewhere, not sure where. I recreated it.

It is now getting hung up on the 2nd step, Get email (V2) The specified object was not found in the store., The process failed to get the correct properties.

Hi @Bill51106 

It sounds like another typo to be honest. You could copy the expression into a compose action that runs prior to the send email action and then from the history you will be able to see what data is retrieved - if anything.

Damien

Bill51106
Helper III
Helper III

I am confused about the Get emails(V2) and V3. They appear to be only for shared mailboxes? 

Bill51106
Helper III
Helper III

On the first step, on new email (webhook) it looks like that is no longer a valid option.  I selected When a new email arrives v3

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (3,256)