cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill51106
Helper III
Helper III

Saving Excel file to SharePoint with time and date stamp

I receive a automated daily report that is named the same from the same sender. My goal is to save the file to SharePoint with the date and time it was received. I have followed the guide: Flow: Excel Formats Only | Save New Email Attachments to SharePoint - (alanps1.io)

When I get to the end I receive a set variable error. Correct to include a valid reference to 'Compse_FileExtension' for the input parameter(s) of action 'Set_variable'. Has anyone seen something similar? Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Bill51106,

In the instruction from Alan the expression was:

outputs('Compose_FileExtension')[1]

Did you use that? In your error I see a small difference. Is your action called Compse_FileExtension instead of Compose_FileExtension?

DamoBird365
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Bill51106 

Sounds like a typo.  Have you renamed an action after calling it further down your flow?  Like this Compse_FileExtension, missing an o in compose.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Cheers,
Damien

P.S. take a look at my new blog here

@Expiscornovus great catch, that was a typo on my part typing it out though.

Bill51106
Helper III
Helper III

I included some screen shots. Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I try to copy / paste as much as possible, my hands jerk on occasion and this has caused issues!

Bill51106
Helper III
Helper III

I had a typo somewhere, not sure where. I recreated it.

It is now getting hung up on the 2nd step, Get email (V2) The specified object was not found in the store., The process failed to get the correct properties.

Hi @Bill51106 

It sounds like another typo to be honest. You could copy the expression into a compose action that runs prior to the send email action and then from the history you will be able to see what data is retrieved - if anything.

Damien

Bill51106
Helper III
Helper III

I am confused about the Get emails(V2) and V3. They appear to be only for shared mailboxes? 

Bill51106
Helper III
Helper III

On the first step, on new email (webhook) it looks like that is no longer a valid option.  I selected When a new email arrives v3

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,410)