cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Salamander94
Helper IV
Helper IV

Saving Photos from Jot form, Please help!

So I have a jot form with a section to upload photos.  I have it uploading to a SharePoint document library, but it fails to open the file saying it is corrupt or something.  If put the file in an email, in the flow, it shows up as a hyperlink that I can click on then go to the photo.  How do I save a photo from Jot Forms to a SharePoint document library?

I was thinking I could do it from a link right?  Here's the output of the photo's question: 

<a href="https://www.jotform.com/uploads/smhoward/210424701527143/4892084308716402717/IMG_1965.JPG" target="_blank" title="IMG_1965.JPG">IMG_1965.JPG</a>

How do I extract just the url?

6 REPLIES 6
Paulie78
Super User
Super User

You can get the URL with the expression:

split(outputs('hyperLink'), '"')[1]

Like this:

Paulie78_0-1613404576285.png

But in the case of your particular URL above that results in a 302 redirect, so you also have to capture that, then you can download the image

So how would I capture the 302 redirect?  Or is there really no way to do what I'm trying to do?

Paulie78
Super User
Super User

It can be done easily, but if you want to download the image, then you need Power Automate premium, as you have to use the HTTP action to get it. Do you have PA Premium?

Okay so I have solved this using the HTTP action.  However, what do I do if they add more than one photo?  I get more than one url at that point but with the "split" action I am only getting one url out of it.

Paulie78
Super User
Super User

Yes, then the split expression we used won’t be effective.

You’ll have to split on the hyperlinks so you get each one, and then loop through each of them to download the images.

How do I get each hyperlink separated though?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,297)