cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pascalammeter
Level: Powered On

Saving a generated Wordfile from D365 automatically in SharePoint

Hi guys

I need to run a flow that copy an invoice generated wordfile in Dynamics 365 automatically to a SharePoint subfolder. The Word File (Rechnung_siag.docx) is an upload to the timeline of an invoice in Dynamics 365.

Here are some screenshots:

My Problem is, I can't connect the url of my Dynamics 365 Dev.

Thanks for helping!

Pascal

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Saving a generated Wordfile from D365 automatically in SharePoint

Hi @pascalammeter 

For some reason, the screenshot you posted did not come through. Can you post that again? 

The attachments to an entity are saved in the notes entity. You can access by using the notes entity and in this entity you have a regarding attriute that points to the record and the entity the note belongs to. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

pascalammeter

Hi @yashag2255

I hope you can see the shreenshots now:

Unbenannt.PNG

Unbenannt2.PNG

Spoiler
The attachments to an entity are saved in the notes entity. You can access by using the notes entity and in this entity you have a regarding attriute that points to the record and the entity the note belongs to. 

I dont get that, can you rewrite what you meant?

Thank you, Pascal

Super User
Super User

Hi @pascalammeter 

I am not able to identify the language in the screenshot. 

I can see that you are trying to create on SharePoint the file that is attached as notes in the Dynamics record. 

For the URL in the sharepoint action, you will have to select your sharepoint site url and not the dynamics 365 organisation URL. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

pascalammeter

Hi @yashag2255 

My goal is to run a flow which copy the file that is attached as notes in the Dynamics record to a SharePoint subfolder.

I think the my current steps aren't working. The SharePoint step "copy item" refers to other item in Sharepoint. How is it possibile to connect the file that is attached in Dynamics Notes timeline? What's the correct flow?

Thanks for helping!

Cheers

Pascal

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 326 members 5,706 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: