Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tchawla
Level: Powered On

Saving email attachments (.msg) with flow

Hello Experts,

I m working on flow. where I need to save attachment in Sharepoint Libary. 

It is working for all type of files (pdf, word, xls).. But It doesnt work if email attachment comes with (.msg) or eml

A user send email with another email as attachment. So I m wanting to save that attachment into SharePoint. 

It seems .MSG is not being recogized as attachment.

Anybody else faced issue like this ?

Any help will be much appericaited. 

Regards

T

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Saving email attachments (.msg) with flow

Hi @Tchawla ,

I did the test on my side and there is indeed a scene you described.

I guess you added Outlook Item as an attachment in Outlook client, so this happens.

Currently, MS Flow cannot save Outlook items. Even if you add locally stored .eml or .msg files as attachments, they will be automatically sent as Outlook Item on Outlook client.

This type of file is judged in MS Flow as no attachment included in the email, so the file cannot be extracted. Moreover, the size of the file is 0, and there is no file content that can be extracted.

But if you use Outlook.com to send mail and send the locally saved .eml/.msg file as an attachment, we could save these attachments file in SharePoint Library.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Tchawla ,

I did the test on my side and there is indeed a scene you described.

I guess you added Outlook Item as an attachment in Outlook client, so this happens.

Currently, MS Flow cannot save Outlook items. Even if you add locally stored .eml or .msg files as attachments, they will be automatically sent as Outlook Item on Outlook client.

This type of file is judged in MS Flow as no attachment included in the email, so the file cannot be extracted. Moreover, the size of the file is 0, and there is no file content that can be extracted.

But if you use Outlook.com to send mail and send the locally saved .eml/.msg file as an attachment, we could save these attachments file in SharePoint Library.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Tchawla

Thanks for your reply. 

unfortunately sending files through outlook.com and localy saved .eml doesn't solve my problem.

am345357

Hello,

I have similar issue. Before I try your suggestion, will this is applicable for O365 email as well?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,863)