cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Saving multiple checkboxes values from forms to excel

Hello All,

I have a created a microsoft forms which triggers a flow to save the data on SharePoint excel and then sends the same details via email.

Flow gets triggered when new entry is made in forms. I am reading forms data using the following formula 

@{first(triggerBody()?['value'])?['resourceData']['responseId']} 

The forms and flow works fine but it updates data incorrectly where my form is displaying Multiple checkbox option.

For multiple checkbox section, flow is reading the data from Forms as 

"rc07d5055e2eb4cc8936262f0e3ba9aeb": "[\"Option 1\",\"Option 2\",\"Option 5\"]"

and then putting the values in the excel sheet as ["Option 1","Option 2","Option 5"]. How can I remove the [" when flow writes data to excel.

I want the final output as Option 1, Option 3, Option 5. There is also a case condition in flow which doesnt get triggered because of these values like [". 

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Saving multiple checkboxes values from forms to excel

Hi @Anup_Behera ,

You could try removing the symbol using Expression below.

Expression reference:

replace(replace(replace(body('Get_response_details')?['rce25a6a0207f436993c3f09cb9c41c02'],'","',','), '["',''), '"]','')

body('Get_response_details')?['rce25a6a0207f436993c3f09cb9c41c02'] , This section is configured according to the Dynamic content of your own form.

For example, I created a form with a multiple choice, the name of Question is checkbox:

Image reference:

789.gif

Flow run history:

72.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Saving multiple checkboxes values from forms to excel

Hi @Anup_Behera ,

You could try removing the symbol using Expression below.

Expression reference:

replace(replace(replace(body('Get_response_details')?['rce25a6a0207f436993c3f09cb9c41c02'],'","',','), '["',''), '"]','')

body('Get_response_details')?['rce25a6a0207f436993c3f09cb9c41c02'] , This section is configured according to the Dynamic content of your own form.

For example, I created a form with a multiple choice, the name of Question is checkbox:

Image reference:

789.gif

Flow run history:

72.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,909)