cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nlowman
Level: Powered On

Saving specific Sheet from Workbook on SharePoint as new CSV file

Hi there,

I'm trying to set up a flow where a specific sheet within an Excel Workbook is copied/converted to a separate CSV file.

The overall goal is to set it up so that whenever any file is added or modified within SharePoint, the flow is triggered.

Currently, I've established that it needs to check to see if the file is an Excel file (xlsx or xlsm), and then see if any of the sheets inside that file have a specific name.

Here's where I'm stuck:

I'm unsure how to tell it to either copy JUST that sheet to a new excel file (which should then be converted to a csv file) or extract the data from that sheet to a newly created csv file. Since none of the sheets contain tables, I'm not sure how to tell it to get the rows from the sheet. Can I use the sheet ID from the "Get Worksheets" function in leiu of an actual table ID?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Saving specific Sheet from Workbook on SharePoint as new CSV file

Hi @nlowman,

Please make sure to create table to the excel Workbook so that you could able to save the rows in a new CSV table.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
nlowman
Level: Powered On

Re: Saving specific Sheet from Workbook on SharePoint as new CSV file

Thank you for your reply. The only problem is that I'm trying to compile data from more than 2 years back across numerous projects and clients. Manually collecting this data will likely take more manpower than we can afford at the time (as it's just me, and I'm already stretched thin as it is).

Do you happen to know if each individual sheet has a unique link? If so I think I may be able to extract the data that way.

Thanks again for your help so far.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,599)