cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edgren
Regular Visitor

Scan content of a Rss feed for names/strings in a dynamic range in excel online table

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post and apologies in advance if it is posted in the wrong section.

I have been trying to automate several processes that I work with on a regular basis and have found that the flow connection for Excel online has worked for most of the tasked that were automated (such as generate planner tasks based on excel lists etc.)

The current project which I got stuck on is that I want to scan an RSS feed (cision.com's feed) for company names that I have in an excel online table and have the news forwarded to the recipient if it contains any of the company names available in the Excel array.

I have tried several solutions such as filter array and similar and searched online but have been unable to figure out how to solve the issue. There is no problem with the RSS feed or the list rows in the table, I can however only get it to work the other way around, i.e. search the array to see if it contains the information in the Feed Summary. 

The question already posted about Filter Multiple RSS Feeds & Output to RSS Feed is similar but I can't get the "contains" to work with dynamic input from the excel table.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Felix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Edgren 

I believe that the output of the rss feed action is returning an array. What you can do is add an action to list rows from a table in excel. Initialize a variable of type array and leave the value as empty. For each listed row, check if the array contains the company name and if not append to array variable to get the distinct company names. And then outside of the loop control, add an action as apply to each on the distinct array and then from the outputs of the list feed items, add an action to filter array and then you can point the respective fields to filter that array based on distinct company names.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Edgren 

I believe that the output of the rss feed action is returning an array. What you can do is add an action to list rows from a table in excel. Initialize a variable of type array and leave the value as empty. For each listed row, check if the array contains the company name and if not append to array variable to get the distinct company names. And then outside of the loop control, add an action as apply to each on the distinct array and then from the outputs of the list feed items, add an action to filter array and then you can point the respective fields to filter that array based on distinct company names.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Users online (4,522)