cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MRdeJong
Level: Powered On

Scenario: approve access requests based on cascading dropdown

tl'dr: how to go from a freetext field in sharepoint to an email I can use in an approval flow?

Hi,

The use case seems very trivial to me yet I'm unable to do it. I administer a site collection for a department of 250 people where there is partial secure data. People need to be preapproved for each segment of secure data. There are like 6 maintopics with each around 20 different subtopics where people can store the secure data so its to long for a simple dropdown.

So I opted to create a Microsoft form in which i can use the cascading (dependable) dropdowns. Yet I cannot find a way to get the free text email into a people picker to use in an approval flow. How can I obtain my result?

KR, Manfred

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Scenario: approve access requests based on cascading dropdown

Hi @MRdeJong ,

Would you please explain more details about your requirement so we could fully understand it?

Would you like to share a example about that?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MRdeJong
Level: Powered On

Re: Scenario: approve access requests based on cascading dropdown

dear, 

I followed this example from mrackley to build the cascade. 

http://www.markrackley.net/2017/03/06/new-improved-cascading-dropdowns-for-sharepoint-classic-forms/

Now I have a free text field with an email adres in it in a list. Now i want to use that email address in that free text field as a people picker field in a flow. How can I achieve that? I hope this makes it more clear. 

KR, Manfred

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,345)