cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MRdeJong
Level: Powered On

Scenario: approve access requests based on cascading dropdown

tl'dr: how to go from a freetext field in sharepoint to an email I can use in an approval flow?

Hi,

The use case seems very trivial to me yet I'm unable to do it. I administer a site collection for a department of 250 people where there is partial secure data. People need to be preapproved for each segment of secure data. There are like 6 maintopics with each around 20 different subtopics where people can store the secure data so its to long for a simple dropdown.

So I opted to create a Microsoft form in which i can use the cascading (dependable) dropdowns. Yet I cannot find a way to get the free text email into a people picker to use in an approval flow. How can I obtain my result?

KR, Manfred

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Scenario: approve access requests based on cascading dropdown

Hi @MRdeJong ,

Would you please explain more details about your requirement so we could fully understand it?

Would you like to share a example about that?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MRdeJong
Level: Powered On

Re: Scenario: approve access requests based on cascading dropdown

dear, 

I followed this example from mrackley to build the cascade. 

http://www.markrackley.net/2017/03/06/new-improved-cascading-dropdowns-for-sharepoint-classic-forms/

Now I have a free text field with an email adres in it in a list. Now i want to use that email address in that free text field as a people picker field in a flow. How can I achieve that? I hope this makes it more clear. 

KR, Manfred

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,731)