cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Schedule different days and different times.

Hi all,

I have looked through the forum on this topic but do not not find the result I need.

I do a recurring schedule for 2 different days and also 2 different times. 

How do i do that?

1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Schedule different days and different times.

Hi!

Since for simplicity purposes you wanna keep the logic in a single flow, you can add a Condition action block just after your trigger.

So your recurrence trigger is executed wednesdays, fridays... either at 10:00 or 23:00

Then your Condition action block checks if (Wednesday and 20.xx) or (Friday and 23.xx)

On the true branch you add your logic, leaving false branch empty.

Now, the condition will require WDL functions.

You are familiar with WDL expressions, right? If so, I would consider dayOfWeek() and utcNow('H'). Please also take into account TimeZones, since utcNow() provides current date&time in UTC format, so probably you will need to deal with convertFromUtc() also.

Flow_ScheduleConditional_1.png

Expressions:

Get current date & time and transform it into your own TimeZone (ROmance Standard Time in my case, list available in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/973627/microsoft-time-zone-index-values)

convertFromUtc(utcNow(),'Romance Standard Time')

Condition rule evaluating the day of the week

dayOfWeek(variables('Now'))

Condition rule evaluating the hour

formatDateTime(variables('Now'),'H')

Once the flow is working as per your requirements you can optionally move this condition as part of the setup of the trigger (there is a functionality call 'Conditional trigger) so the flow will be only executed Wednesday at 20.00 or Friday at 23.00. GReat explanation on this feature here

https://www.timlinenterprises.com/microsoft-power-automate-flow-trigger-conditions/

Hope this makes sense

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@frixel Will it not be an option to configure two different Power Automate(Microsoft Flow).

You can easily export\import and reconfigure the recurrence trigger?

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

@CFernandes 

yes that is possible but I would rather keep it clear and have it in 1 flow.
I already have so many flows in the workbench.

But if it gets very difficult then that is of course an option.

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@frixel 

Hey Mate,

The only problem in your scenario is the time. If it would be the same time it would have would be super easy.

CFernandes_0-1600860919236.png

I do not think we can set different times as 'At these hours in a'  dropdown. Perhaps little bit difficult to manage but two different Flows is the solution for now.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi!

Since for simplicity purposes you wanna keep the logic in a single flow, you can add a Condition action block just after your trigger.

So your recurrence trigger is executed wednesdays, fridays... either at 10:00 or 23:00

Then your Condition action block checks if (Wednesday and 20.xx) or (Friday and 23.xx)

On the true branch you add your logic, leaving false branch empty.

Now, the condition will require WDL functions.

You are familiar with WDL expressions, right? If so, I would consider dayOfWeek() and utcNow('H'). Please also take into account TimeZones, since utcNow() provides current date&time in UTC format, so probably you will need to deal with convertFromUtc() also.

Flow_ScheduleConditional_1.png

Expressions:

Get current date & time and transform it into your own TimeZone (ROmance Standard Time in my case, list available in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/973627/microsoft-time-zone-index-values)

convertFromUtc(utcNow(),'Romance Standard Time')

Condition rule evaluating the day of the week

dayOfWeek(variables('Now'))

Condition rule evaluating the hour

formatDateTime(variables('Now'),'H')

Once the flow is working as per your requirements you can optionally move this condition as part of the setup of the trigger (there is a functionality call 'Conditional trigger) so the flow will be only executed Wednesday at 20.00 or Friday at 23.00. GReat explanation on this feature here

https://www.timlinenterprises.com/microsoft-power-automate-flow-trigger-conditions/

Hope this makes sense

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@efialttes Nicely explained.. 

@frixel You can create conditions in your Power Automate solution with reference to the latest update by @efialttes..

I hope our inputs help you find a solution 🙂

Highlighted
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @frixel,

if you are ready to use a recursive appointment created in Outlook as a source, have a look at ScheduledOOF flow for Office 365

as a possible prototype. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,289)