cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
memsim1010
Level: Powered On

Scheduled Flow: Create or Update SharePoint list of employees from 'Get Group Members' action

Hello there,

I have been struggling with this for months and I would really love some help.

I am trying to create a scheduled flow that gets members of a certain group, retrieves profile information for each user, then compares the UPN of each user to a SharePoint list.  If the user exists, it would update the item in the list.  If the user does not exist, it would add the user to the list. 

I finally found this other post with a solution by @v-xida-msft here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/Update-and-Create-SharePoint-Item/td-p/1...

I followed it to the letter and it does update existing items but, it is not adding items that do not already exist...

Please help!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Scheduled Flow: Create or Update SharePoint list of employees from 'Get Group Members' action

Hi @memsim1010 ,

Could you please share a full screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Please modify the Condition under the Filter Array as below and the flow could works:

1.png

The expression in the Condition as below:

length(body('Filter_array'))

Please let me know if your problem could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

memsim1010
Level: Powered On

Re: Scheduled Flow: Create or Update SharePoint list of employees from 'Get Group Members' action

@v-alzhan-msft 

That also results in a failure. The failure is on Create item and the error reads:

Action 'Create_item' failed.

"status": 400,

"message": "Cannot complete this action. \n\nPlease try again. 

Here is my full configuration:Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 2.12.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-12 at 2.12.49 PM.png

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @memsim1010 ,

Could you please share a screenshot of the Create item action when the action has run failed?

Please check from the Create item action to see why it has failed when run.

Could you please share the expression of CurrentMonth and Today field in the Create item action?

Also please delete the dynamic content in the CurrentMonth and Today field in the Create item action to see if the flow works.

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,705)