cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Scheduled SharePoint - O365 Contact Sync Template - What is the trick?

Does anyone know how to get this template to work?

I am able to connect to the SharePoint list and it "walk through" the contacts in the SharePoint Contact list, but I canot get the flow to create a new contact in my O365 Contacts ... 

I keep getting the Input Array was empty when it goes through the lower loop to create a new Contact

Anyone know what the trick is and what to put into the Create New Contact Action/activity to get it to create a new Contact from an SP contact list...

Thx!

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @skylitedave,

Could you please share a link of the template that you mentioned?

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please share more details about the error message when the flow run failed?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Hi,

1 - This is the template

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/bd02dd57cf184321862e90df891b9f09/sche...

2 - Configuration is pretty complex - Screenshot is attached.  The issue is in what you put in the "No" Branch .  When I set up the activity called "Create O365 Contact as it doesn't exist in users Contact List" I am trying to get that activity set up properlySlide1.JPGSlide2.JPG

3 - The Flow runs but nothing happens.  No Errors...  When I look at the Flow Run results, I see that every Contact in SharePoint goes through the "No" branch as it should since these contacts dont yet exist in Office 365 Contacts, but the message back in the No branch for each contact is the Input array is empty and no contact is created in teh folder in O365 Contacts.Slide1.JPG

Seems like a configuration issue of the "Create O365 Contact as it doesn't exist in users Contact List"

CAN YOU FIND OUT WHAT THE SETTINGS SHOULD BE IN THE "Create O365 Contact as it doesn't exist in users Contact List" SO CONTACTS ARE CREATED IN O365?

Hi @skylitedave,

Why are your flow has a "Apply to each 2" action?

I have made a test on my side and there is no "Apply to each 2" actionin the templete that you mentioned.

The screenshot of the templete should as below:

Capture.PNG

Please remove the apply to each or create a new flow with the templete to see if the still exists.

Best regards,

Alice

Thx for the reply

Looks like the template changed..  Now there is no way to enter a contact name in the Create O365 Contact Activity...

See below

Anyone have any suggestions?

Slide1.JPG

8-25-18

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED - WOULD REALLY LIKE TO USE THIS TEMPLATE

Update 

I am making some progresss..  there is hyperliink at the bottom of the create a new contact activity that you click to reveal more options and the name is then revealed

Now it looks like the template has a bug in it

Even More Strange - if you look at the documentation here to create a New Contact in Azure Logic Apps, 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/office365/#contactpostitem

I cant find a  parameter referenced for a Contact EMail field, so I am starting to think it may be a design flaw in the connector - maybe it was just left out by accident...????

When It runs, I am getting the following error when the activity tries to create a new Contact

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Create_O365_Contact_as_it_doesn't_exist_in_users_contact_list' inputs at line '1' and column '2581': 'The template language expression 'items('Loop_through_SharePoint_List')['EmailAddress']' cannot be evaluated because property 'EmailAddress' doesn't exist, available properties are '@odata.etag, ItemInternalId, ID, Title, WorkPhone, CellPhone, Email, JobTitle, Company, OwnerC, OwnerC#Claims, WorkFax, WorkAddress, WorkCity, WorkState, WorkZip, WorkCountry, ProfileC, ProfileC#Id, FolderName, CreatedInPowerApps, DocsFolderId, Hot_x005f_Val, Modified, Created, Author, Author#Claims, Editor, Editor#Claims, {Identifier}, {Link}, {Name}, {FilenameWithExtension}, {Path}, {HasAttachments}'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions for usage details.'.

So it looks like the template is calling a property as [EmailAdress] when it should just be calling [Email]

See the screenshot below

error 8-2518.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,156)