cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen_H
Helper I
Helper I

Scheduled flow to kick off an instant flow

I have an instant flow that sends approval requests, reminders and timeout notifications.  The user wants to be able to kick off this flow when they are ready for certain documents.  For other documents they would like it to kick off automatically.  The design I am thinking is to have the documents marked for auto approval via a StartWF column.  Is it possible to create a scheduled workflow that will kick off the instant workflow based on the value in this column?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

I would design 3 flows for this...

• Flow 1 - that actually has all required actions like Approval Request, reminders etc. but has HTTP trigger on it.
  • Flow 2 - that has a scheduled trigger and calls flow 1 on the schedule.
  • Flow 3 - that has a for an item trigger which user can invoke from within library and this flow calls flow 1 again.

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

I would design 3 flows for this...

• Flow 1 - that actually has all required actions like Approval Request, reminders etc. but has HTTP trigger on it.
  • Flow 2 - that has a scheduled trigger and calls flow 1 on the schedule.
  • Flow 3 - that has a for an item trigger which user can invoke from within library and this flow calls flow 1 again.

Power Automate Community

View solution in original post

@PrasadAthalye  Thanks for the suggestion!  Any tips on how I can copy the already created flow or just change the trigger without having to create from start?  I am aware of Copy to Clipboard but this will still take time due to the number of approvals, etc.

You can remove the trigger and add another trigger to it. Use Export flow and create a backup first.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,014)