cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bryanc78
Level: Powered On

Scheduled flow to move an item from one SP list to another SP list - not following my condition

So I have a SP list that is getting too large to manage so I'm wanting to move older items off of it and onto an "archive" list.  My flow is set up as follows:

Recurrence - 11PM every night

Get Items -  items from the main SP list

Apply to each - value

Condition - when my date column is less than or equal to utcNow().  This date column is set to show a date that is 6 months after the SP item was created.  So, if the item was created on 1/1/2019, then this column will show 7/1/2019 and thus, the condition is true to be moved (If Yes) If this date is say 12/1/2019, then it should not be moved as it does not meet the condition.  Now, I do not have a If No condition.

Create Item - create item in the archive SP list

Delete Item - delete item from main list

My problem I'm having is all items are being impacted, even items that do not meet the condition

2019-10-04_10-01-16.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Scheduled flow to move an item from one SP list to another SP list - not following my condition

Hi @bryanc78 

Try using the formatDateTime expression for both conditions to same format and compare

formatDateTime(utcnow(), 'yyyy-MM-dd')

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Re: Scheduled flow to move an item from one SP list to another SP list - not following my condition

Hi @bryanc78 

Get items will return only 100 items if you left the Top count field blank. See this post

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/SharePoint-Get-Items-Maximum-Row-Limit/t...

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @bryanc78 

Try using the formatDateTime expression for both conditions to same format and compare

formatDateTime(utcnow(), 'yyyy-MM-dd')

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

bryanc78
Level: Powered On

So, while that worked and is moving items.  My flow has cycled through multiple times in the last 2 hours and has not picked up any new items even though I have a ton still to get through.  Is the flow just going thorugh 100 at a time and just happened to not find any that matched the condition?

1.PNG2.png

Super User
Super User

Hi @bryanc78 

Get items will return only 100 items if you left the Top count field blank. See this post

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Flow-Discussion/SharePoint-Get-Items-Maximum-Row-Limit/t...

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,108)