cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karen_H
Helper I
Helper I

Scheduled flow to resubmit a flow run

We have a use case where we have a Record responses flow to a sharepoint list for a MS Form.  The challenge is that the form may not be used within 3 months so the flow is turned off.

My thought was to create a scheduled flow to resubmit a flow run

Capture.PNG

However, I keep getting the error Request to Azure Resource Manager failed with error: '{"error":{"code":"BadRequest","message":"The provided workflow trigger history name is not valid."}}'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Karen_H
Helper I
Helper I

Sorry @ScottShearer   I see now that there was a link to  solution.  However I found a simpler solution, a scheduled flow with a simple  Turn on Flow action works!  Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@Karen_H 

I believe the issue is that the Flow did not run and as a result, the run cannot be resubmitted.

I suggest periodically running the "Turn on Flow" action.  The action will succeed even of the Flow is not turned off.

Here is another way (and probably better) to approach this issue.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
Karen_H
Helper I
Helper I

@ScottShearer Thanks for the quick response.  I did confirm I had a successful run on the Record Responses flow.  I do not see an option in the Power Automate Management for a way to turn on a flow, can you elaborate on this suggestion?

Karen_H
Helper I
Helper I

Sorry @ScottShearer   I see now that there was a link to  solution.  However I found a simpler solution, a scheduled flow with a simple  Turn on Flow action works!  Thanks!

@Karen_H 

I'm glad that you got it working - that was what I had suggested - using the "turn on Flow" action.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,316)