cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brice235i
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Scheduled flow to update Document Set properties only (files within document set ignored)

Hi, wondering if anyone knows how to filter Get Items action to return only Document sets fora scheduled Flow.  Various actions are performed when the nominated review date is today.

I have a scheduled flow that fires up when the Review Date is today, but I only want to run actions on document sets.

I tried a Filter array - Content type ID starts with xxxxxx but it didn't work.  Ideally could use a filter on the Get Items action.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello, it was a bug actually.  There was an additional Apply to Each loop created and I was unable to get rid of it, even though the offending element did not exist.  I had to re-build the Flow.

It is all good now.  If anyone is interested in how I did this, the flow screenshot is attached.  

I was unable to filter via ODATA in the Get item as Content Type is an expanded field, therefore had to use filter array.  

Status.Value = @items('Apply_to_each')?['Status']?['Value']

ID = @{items('Apply_to_each')?['ID']}

part 1part 1

part 2part 2

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
chsanche
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Brice235i 

I can see you already tried with startwith, this should be working for your scenario, can you please confirm if you are using the expression as indicated on the following URL: https://www.cloudfronts.com/using-startswith-filter-query-in-ms-flow/

In that URL there is a good example on how to use the startswith function in the filter query field, they use Dynamics but it should be the same for the Get Items action.

Best Regards

--

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions help users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution
Brice235i
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello the odata filter didn't work.  Apparently there is no way to filter files based on ContentTypeID using an odata query within the filter query field of the Get File action.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Get-items-filter-query-to-only-fetch-document-set...

As the flow is scheduled, it has to check all records, so think I need a filter array. 

Here is the configuration so far...  Unfortunately it isn't triggering as expected.  

docset1.JPGdocset2.JPGdocset3.JPG

Hi @Brice235i ,

What is the issue in your flow now?

Why are you say the flow would not trigger?

Best regards,

Alice   

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, it was a bug actually.  There was an additional Apply to Each loop created and I was unable to get rid of it, even though the offending element did not exist.  I had to re-build the Flow.

It is all good now.  If anyone is interested in how I did this, the flow screenshot is attached.  

I was unable to filter via ODATA in the Get item as Content Type is an expanded field, therefore had to use filter array.  

Status.Value = @items('Apply_to_each')?['Status']?['Value']

ID = @{items('Apply_to_each')?['ID']}

part 1part 1

part 2part 2

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,326)