cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Scheduled summary approval flows with variables concurrency and updates

Hi

More a possible how to than a query here after spending a while pondering and a few search attempts on here with no resolution so i though i would post my results here in case it is of use to anyone else here.

The requirement was seemingly simple daily approval task/email grouped by user (so each user only gets 1 email with all the relevant apps grouped within the 1 approval task) and approving that would update all of their related apps for the day.

Solution was as follows;

Query the (SP list) data in this instance and loop through to find the distinct users (possibly could have been done cleaner)

image003.jpg

Loop within each user (concurrency set to 1 so i can use variables safely) build up the required task body and related item ids into variables, create (but not wait) the approval tasks, store the approval IDs, item ids and a few other parts into a variable and append to an array

image004.jpg

Loop through the new approvals array (concurency of 50) waiting for the outcomes then on approve or reject use the other parts of the approvals object such as the stored IDs to update the list items.

image005.jpg

Hopefully this is of use to someone else out there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HuwSy,

Thanks for your sharing about the summary approval response solution. Your solution is very helpful to the construction of the PowerAutomate community.

You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HuwSy,

Thanks for your sharing about the summary approval response solution. Your solution is very helpful to the construction of the PowerAutomate community.

You could go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,433)