cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Scheduling a flow to run biweekly on Friday

Hi,

I am just trying to explore if there is a way to run a flow on biweekly basis on Friday.

I am using the recurrence trigger and do see an option of Custom value in Frequency, not sure if that is an option for what I am looking to achieve.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@RezaDorrani Thanks for the info. 

It seems below is something I was looking for, looks like its available OOTB.

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @dmistry 

There is no out of the box option for this

However, you can use flow trigger conditions now (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-gP-E6CCE4) where you can trigger you flow based on a condition

You can code logic which says run every 1st and 3rd friday of month or so

To run bi weekly, you would have to add/track the last run date

One option would be to run the flow weekly on every Friday

Add that info to a data source (example sharepoint list)

next time flow runs (next friday) check condition - compare date with sharepoint list item (if date difference is a week)  then do nothing else execute your action

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

@RezaDorrani Thanks for the info. 

It seems below is something I was looking for, looks like its available OOTB.

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

Hi @dmistry 

Yes no need for any other approach then

Thanks @RezaDorrani  the info you provided was very helpful, thank you for sharing that. 

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dmistry ,

Have your problem been solved?  If yes, please go ahead and mark the post as solved by clicking “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify!

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

If you are looking for a little more flexibility on when to run the flow.

My post here has a few more options such as certain business day, last friday, second week, etc...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Cookbook/Custom-Day-Flow-Schedule-get-more-schedu...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,091)