Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMMeyer
Frequent Visitor

Search for value in excel table, then either update row or send email

Hello!

Newbie to Power Automate! 

I am setting up a flow that will trigger when an email comes in from a specific email. From there, it will pull the PO number from the subject and a tracking URL from the body. Which I have figured out. 

I need to now set up a condition to search an excel table to see if the PO number (Outputs) exists. 

- If it DOES, I want to update that row with the tracking URL (EmailSetup3).

- If it DOESN'T, I want to send an email to myself to research the PO further. 

Can someone please help me with the conditions to get this to happen? I was thinking something to do with "get table," but I can't seem to find the values to pull correctly without failing. If needed, the column in the table that would have this information is named "PO Number." 

3 REPLIES 3
GeoffRen
Microsoft
Microsoft

I would recommend using Office Scripts, specifically Office Scripts with Power Automate. This is the 'Run Script' action on the Excel connector. With Office Scripts you can use the 'Run Script' action to execute javascript against a workbook. This allows you to implement arbitrarily complex scenarios, like yours. If you need help creating a script for your scenario, please reach out.

AMMeyer
Frequent Visitor

@GeoffRen I was able to record searching for a PO number, but I am not sure of how to turn the one that I searched for into a variable that can be plugged in from Flows. Can you please help with that portion? 

GeoffRen
Microsoft
Microsoft

Can you elaborate on what you're having trouble with? Can you post what you have so far?

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Update

Join Stephen Siciliano and the Power Automate team at MBAS

Make sure you are registered #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Carousel

May the fourth be with you, join us online!

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (59,819)