cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Search variable key name?

I have a flow that is getting input in a structure like below.

{
"1: Title": "SHOW",
"2: Client": "John Doe",
"3: E-mail": "johndoe@email.com",
}

It has more questions and a few of the items get hidden if something is not answered, so the numbers in the Keys change, in a way that "2: Client" can become "3: Client"

Is there a way to search keys to get variables based on the part that doesn't change?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up solving it by concatanating the possible keys to ta variable.
Like so:

"2: Who's asking?": "John Doe" + "3: Who's asking?": "John Doe" + "4: Who's asking?": "John Doe",

Since only one would return a string and the others are null, the resulting string is the answer I need.

What I noticed is that I don't have that issue with Zapier, so I guess they're creating the input in different way from Microsoft's Flow trigger for Typeform.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for I couldn't understand your requirement from your description.

Could you please explain more details about your requirement so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using Typeform to trigger the creation of a task in Planner.

From what I can see from the Flow, it's getting the input from Typeform in a structure like so:

{
"1: What show?": "NEWS SHOW",
"2: Who's asking?": "John Doe",
"3: What's your e-mail?": "johndoe@email.com",
}

But Typeform has what it calls "logic jumps" and I'm using it to get answers in case a certain answer comes up.
The problem is that if a question in the form goes unanswered, it changes the # in the keys names.
So in my use case, question "1: What show?" might be answered as "another", which leads to a new question "2: What's the name of the show?" that would have been jumped if "1: What show?" was answered as one of the options.

The problem is that because of the new entry "2: What's the name of the show?", all other keys are changed and this is the new input:

{
"1: What show?": "another",
"2: What's the name of the show?: "SPORTS SHOW", "3: Who's asking?": "John Doe", "4: What's your e-mail?": "johndoe@email.com", }

But it seems the full name "3: Who's asking?" is what I need to use in flow. I was wondering if there was a way to get the key that contain "Who's asking", ignoring the "3: " part, so I can pass the correct value to flow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up solving it by concatanating the possible keys to ta variable.
Like so:

"2: Who's asking?": "John Doe" + "3: Who's asking?": "John Doe" + "4: Who's asking?": "John Doe",

Since only one would return a string and the others are null, the resulting string is the answer I need.

What I noticed is that I don't have that issue with Zapier, so I guess they're creating the input in different way from Microsoft's Flow trigger for Typeform.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (5,094)