cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Armyfrog
Level: Powered On

Searching for multiple matches of a string in a value pulled from Sharepoint List.

Hello All,

I am attempting to build a fairly complex employee feedback flow. One of the things I need to do is to grab customer comments from a column in my sharepoint list labeled "CustomerComment", iterate through the returned string to search for key:value pairs, and send out a customized e-mail with specific knowledgebase articles based on the key:value pairs matched.

Any recommendations or links to references that might get me started in the right direction?

6 REPLIES 6
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Searching for multiple matches of a string in a value pulled from Sharepoint List.

@Armyfrog 

Where is your key-value pairs dictionary stored? In an in-memory array, on in another sharepoint list?

This post is a good way to start understanding array manipulations  and how to iterate through them, please note the intersection function can help you to find matches between each comment and your dictionary in a very efficient way.

If you are searching for either an intermediate or an expert level post please let us know

Hope this helps

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Armyfrog

Re: Searching for multiple matches of a string in a value pulled from Sharepoint List.

Sorry I should have stated I am just now touching flow for the first time. That article helps a ton! I know from a pragmatic standpoint I would follow the procedures I listed above. What I’m trying to determine is if there is a match or prebuilt action in flow that would achieve the same results, or is this a solution I’m going to have to develop personally?
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Armyfrog 

Sorry I cannot think of neither a template nor a single action block matching your requirements.

Let's hope somebody else more experienced can point you to a simple solution

Happy MSautomating!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Armyfrog

Will the basic compare functions accept multiple values?

Could I do for example.
Value of item1 “contains” word1+word2?
Highlighted
Armyfrog

Before I forget. Solution or not, thank you for taking the time to respond to me. It is greatly appreciated!
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Armyfrog 

If you are using Workflow Definition Language expressions, there are logical functions to evaluate multiple values, like or, and

You can anidate expressions this way, or by cascading condition action blocks, as explained in this post

Please note a few actions have a rich editor (the Condition action block) , some others do not include yet (Filter Array action block and many others) so you have to click on "edit advanced mode" to anidate expressions by typing or, and

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Join us for the first ever Power Platform Online Conference!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,514)