cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HelloThereAll
Helper I
Helper I

Secure email connector for automated flow for work

I want to use a connector that does not give anyone else editing the flow access to my emails, nor does it have risk of any internal information getting leaked to a third party, which some of these connectors look like they might do.  I am thinking about using the Outlook 365 option to send from a shared mailbox, but I am not sure if this means that anyone who edits this flow be able to access and/or influence my email account.  I want to make sure my choice is secure for me and the company.

8 REPLIES 8
PrasadAthalye
Super User
Super User

One option is to use SharePoint SendEmail capability using REST API.

PrasadAthalye_2-1614386078322.png

{
'properties': {
'To': ['p@p.com','y@y.com'],
'Body': '<b>Yo</b><br/>O boy!',
'Subject': 'E-mail using Flow via SharePoint'
}
}

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community
VictorIvanidze
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @HelloThereAll, a bit strange request.

If you are a sole user of your flow then nobody can access your data.

Or I misunderstood you?

HelloThereAll
Helper I
Helper I

I will end up turning over the flow to someone else, and I don't want that person to be able to access my email account.  I'm trying to determine what kind of connector and email action there is such that no connection to my work email account is necessary.

VictorIvanidze
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Sorry I still don't understand. Remove your account from the flow connections and add someone else's one.

What's the problem?

HelloThereAll
Helper I
Helper I

Microsoft Flow tends to be very finicky and prone to glitches about that sort of thing, and I was hoping there was a more stable option.

VictorIvanidze
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Did you try to export the flow and then to import it? Really easy and quite stable process.

Did you try the option I suggested?

Power Automate Community

@VictorIvanidze - When you use actions by providers like Sendgrid, there is a disclaimer that some information will be shared. @HelloThereAll is avoiding this situation. On the other hand, if they use the Shared inbox again their concern is that the inbox will be used for some other purpose. I think with a shared inbox their situation should be resolved because shared inbox can only be used by the people who has access to use it. I recommended another approach to send email.

Power Automate Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (55,801)