cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DSantos
Frequent Visitor

Seeded Licensing and UI Flows Attended/Unattended Bots

General availability for UI Flows is set for April 2nd, with that comes some additions/changes to licensing, that being the additional add-on for unattended bots @ $150USD/month/bot and per user licensing (with attended RPA) @ $40USD/month/user.

So, if I want to build an attended/unattended bot that will make use of data flows to and from my existing Office 365 tenant, will that fall under seeded licensing? Will I be required to purchase the additional licensing for RPA?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Seeded Licensing and UI Flows Attended/Unattended Bots

A couple points to make.  Based on what I've read and heard Power Automate UI is NOT included in either the Office 365 or Dynamics "seeded" licenses.  The Attended version is included in the Per User and Per Flow plan.  Attended means you are using the UI flow as part of a Flow being run manually on your workstation.  For example one kicked off by a Flow button or a Power App or some other action your take. The unattended version will require its own licensing Per Bot that you will run and is not included with any other licensing seeded or not.  The unattended UI will also require purchase of a Per User license in addition to the Unattended licensing.  Unattended UI's are bots that run either on your machine or on a VM somewhere based on some other input, but they don't require your actions to initiate them.

So yes, if you want to use Power Automate UI with data flows in your Office 365 environment you would need the additional licensing. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Seeded Licensing and UI Flows Attended/Unattended Bots

A couple points to make.  Based on what I've read and heard Power Automate UI is NOT included in either the Office 365 or Dynamics "seeded" licenses.  The Attended version is included in the Per User and Per Flow plan.  Attended means you are using the UI flow as part of a Flow being run manually on your workstation.  For example one kicked off by a Flow button or a Power App or some other action your take. The unattended version will require its own licensing Per Bot that you will run and is not included with any other licensing seeded or not.  The unattended UI will also require purchase of a Per User license in addition to the Unattended licensing.  Unattended UI's are bots that run either on your machine or on a VM somewhere based on some other input, but they don't require your actions to initiate them.

So yes, if you want to use Power Automate UI with data flows in your Office 365 environment you would need the additional licensing. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Automate Community!

firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,977)