cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_D
Frequent Visitor

Seeing Approval Column and Comments against new document

Hey all - Apologies for the post, new to the Power Automate function and delved deep into support and other areas, but have hit a road block. Hoping that someone may be able to assist or point me in the right direction.

Is there a way for the approval marker to appear in a column next to the document once approved. by all receipients? I know you can do this through a single approver through versioning settings, but can I create an add to the flow so that it shows the approval for the rest of the team without having to go through action items in the power automate site? I believe I have done this below, but it appears I am missing something as it's not updating?

Further to this, is it possible see the comments that people wrote against the document or even better yet who still needs to approve through the columns against the documents?

I have created the flow below

Flow.png

Everyone needs to approve before accepted

Start and Wait for Approval.jpg

Created a column called ApproveStatus and identified that everyone needs to sign off before this updates

Update File Properties.jpg

And condition is below for yes or no

Condition.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks everyone! 

Chris 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
psycrkz1
Community Support
Community Support

You should use 'Outcome' instead of 'responses' in your case to update the approval status into SP

For the comments, since there are multiple 'responses' from multiple approvers in your case, you need to use a For each loop to append those single comments into one string and show it into SP

There is a dynamics value called 'response comment' I believe  

View solution in original post

Chris_D
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @psycrkz1

Updated to 'Outcome' hopefully this rectifies the issue 🙂 greatly appreciated!

I'm a little lost with the 'For each loop' instruction, but will look further into this and start playing around. Will mark as solved 🙂 

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
psycrkz1
Community Support
Community Support

You should use 'Outcome' instead of 'responses' in your case to update the approval status into SP

For the comments, since there are multiple 'responses' from multiple approvers in your case, you need to use a For each loop to append those single comments into one string and show it into SP

There is a dynamics value called 'response comment' I believe  

Chris_D
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @psycrkz1

Updated to 'Outcome' hopefully this rectifies the issue 🙂 greatly appreciated!

I'm a little lost with the 'For each loop' instruction, but will look further into this and start playing around. Will mark as solved 🙂 

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,368)