cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ikgray
Level: Powered On

Select an item in Outlook that has a list from Sharepoint

I have two list one is a list that make a vehicle request the other has a list of vehicles and information about the vehicles. When a person makes a request the fill out the form this triggers a flow that send the request in an outlook 365 email there  is an approval button, but I would like to add the list of vehicles with a radio button that would allow me to assign the vehicle to that person. 

I've been able to get an html list sent with the email that when put into dreamweaver shows the data in a table but there is no way to pick a vehicle so that when i approve the request the approved vehicle is shown.

Here are the steps.

1. request a vehicle 

2. request sent

3. Vehicle assigned (this is where I am having a problem)

4. Approval Email sent with the information about the assigned vehicle included.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Select an item in Outlook that has a list from Sharepoint

Carts.PNG

ResponseCar.PNG

Can you double check that your options in the action are listed as comma separated texts?

You should have something like: Car1, Car2, Car3

Then when you receive the email you should see the above email. Then within the next action you can find out how the user responded.

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

SO if you used the Send an Email with options action you could select your cars. You would first have to build up a list of cars and use this list as options in your Send an eamil with options action.

ikgray
Level: Powered On

Peter, thank you for your response, I am able to use the Send and Email option. I am pulling from a list that has the vehicles with the information on the vehicle but when the email is sent it is sent as HTML.

For example:

<table><thead><tr><th>ID</th><th>License</th><th>Make</th><th>Model</th><th>Name</th><th>Status</th><th>Vehicle Name</th><th>Vehicle Number</th><th>Vehicle Type</th><th>Year</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td>1</td><td>126-5415</td><td>Ford</td><td>Excursion</td><td>GPVO1</td><td></td><td>2003 Ford Excursion</td><td>GPVO1</td><td>SUV</td><td>2003</td></tr><tr><td>2</td>

I would like for the HTML to come through as a table with a radio button that aMotor Pool clerk would be able to select one and the flow would return that selection?

Super User
Super User

Carts.PNG

ResponseCar.PNG

Can you double check that your options in the action are listed as comma separated texts?

You should have something like: Car1, Car2, Car3

Then when you receive the email you should see the above email. Then within the next action you can find out how the user responded.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 54 members 4,754 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: