cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ravinder_Leo
Frequent Visitor

Select approver based on a Form field

I am working on a flow to choose approvers based on the Country they manage. Basically I have a MS Form and have mapped the approvers to respective countries in a SharePoint list with columns Customer Country and Approvers email.

The flow is failing as the approver is probably not getting picked up from the list.  Any help that you could provide will be highly appreciated.

Below are the screenshots of the flow - 

InkedScreenshot 2022-08-11 092527_LI.jpg

Screenshot 2022-08-10 171636.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Rhiassuring
Super User
Super User

Hi there, 

You've got the right idea but your Filter Query is not a Filter Query. Filter Queries look like "Title eq 'Dynamic Content'"

So for you, it should probably be something like Country eq 'DynamicContentFromForm'

I assume you'll only get one line back in that case. Do you have multiple approvers per country, or only one per country?

Did this answer your question? Please mark it as the solution.
Did it contribute positively towards finding the final solution? Please give it a thumbs up.

I answer questions on the forum for 2-3 hours every Thursday!

Thanks Rhiassuring. I changed the Filter query to as suggested above but the flow still fails to send the email to the approver. Is there any further help you could provide?

Ravinder_Leo
Frequent Visitor

Sorry forgot to mention that there is only 1 approver per country.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,340)