Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Select approvers when initiating a flow and resassign as needed

Hello

I need to replicate something similar to the 2010 SharePoint workflows.

When I initiate a flow, I would like the users to select the approvers on the go from our address list.

The only thing I've found so far is to create a separate list and put the approvers there and then get the flow to look them up. This is very cumbersome. Is there anyway that I can create the flow and the user can pick the approvers dynamically?
Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Select approvers when initiating a flow and resassign as needed

Hi @xxxxmints ,

You could add person field in the list and use For a selected item as the trigger.

When you need to create an approval, first specify approver in the person field, and then select the specified item to manually trigger Flow.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Sorry I am confused.

It is a document library - so it will be For a selected file.

Do I add an input?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @xxxxmints ,

Add person field to Library, allowing multiple selections. Whenever you need to approve a file, fill in approver in the person field, and then select the current file to trigger Flow.

"For Selected File" - Broken!! I've had to resort... - Power Platform Community

When configuring Flow, you can configure the email contained in the person field as Approver in the Assigned To field.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,172)