Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SILVIA-T
Helper I
Helper I

Send Attachments dynamically?

Hi,

I've been working in a simple flow for an excel table in one drive: I have the month invoices in an excel table, and when I change the status to "send" I receive an email for each row (with a text in the language required for each customer and the email contacts to send the invoices).

I was just wondering... It's possible to attach files dynamically to this emails? In all the excel rows I have an invoice number, that is always unique, and in the same folder in one drive I have all the invoices in pdf; the name of the files start with the same number than the excel.

Is there any formula to get the file content from the folder if the name of the field contains a name that's on the row I already got?

I've been looking info about it but I didn't find anything, maybe is not possible.

Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @SILVIA-T ,

Have your problem been solved now?

Best Regards,

Alice

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SILVIA-T ,

What is the status that you mentioned?

If you want to add the attachment dynamically, the file identifier should be dynamically.

I suggest that you could share the example so we could better understand your requirement.

Best regards,

Alice   

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thanks for the answer!

The "Status" is just a field in my excel, that I use in the query to select the rows.

This is my excel file, the first column is the invoice number (an unique identifier) an the 4th column is the "Status" i use in the query:

Excel file.JPG

This is the folder with the invoices, as you can see the file name begins by the same number than my excel:

Invoice pdf files.JPG

And this is my actual flow and an example of the emails I get when I execute it. I'd like to know if its possible to get the file from the folder, for each row, when the "file name begins as Nº" or something like that, and get it attached to the email I get in the end:

Flow1.PNGFlow2.PNGFlow3.PNGFlow4.PNGEmail example.PNG

Thanks a lot

Hi @SILVIA-T  ,

In if condition use ‘Get file content using path’ action in one drive to get a file. 

then append file name and content to an array variable .

At the end pass an array variable to outlook  in attach option.

Regards,

Greddy 

Thanks a lot GReddy!

I'll try that!

Hi @SILVIA-T ,

Have your problem been solved now?

Best Regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,478)