cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karlh
Level: Powered On

Send Chat message to multiple recipients

For some reason I'm not able to send a chat message to multiple recipients, but it works if I only send it to a single user. I am using the action "Post a message as the Flow bot to a user"

I tried it like this and many other ways:

wgwegweg.PNG

But the flow always fails.

What is the correct way to do this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Send Chat message to multiple recipients

Hello!

I understand that you are trying to send a message to multiple users as a Flow bot. The best way of doing this would be: 

1. Initialise an array variable and add all the recipients to that array

2. Create an Apply to Each control and select the array variable you created in Step 1 for the "Select an output from the previous steps option"

3. Add an action "send message as the Flow bot" -> add your headline -> Select "Current Item" for the recipient -> add your message. 

This will ensure that the message is delivered to all the addresses that you have defined in the array list. Kindly refer to the screenshot below for better understanding: 

flow2.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Super User
Super User

Hey!

Please refer to the screenshot. You must be able to add users easily then. 

flow3.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hello!

I understand that you are trying to send a message to multiple users as a Flow bot. The best way of doing this would be: 

2. Create an Apply to Each control and select the array variable you created in Step 1 for the "Select an output from the previous steps option"

3. Add an action "send message as the Flow bot" -> add your headline -> Select "Current Item" for the recipient -> add your message. 

This will ensure that the message is delivered to all the addresses that you have defined in the array list. Kindly refer to the screenshot below for better understanding: 

flow2.png

karlh

@yashag2255 wrote:

Hello!

flow2.png

Hello and thank you again for your help, how would I need to define the recipients in the array variable?
sdgsdg1.PNG

Super User
Super User

Hey!

Please refer to the screenshot. You must be able to add users easily then. 

flow3.png

Highlighted
karlh

Thanks a lot, works like a charm! Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 52 members 4,857 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: