cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KaiGerman

Send E-Mail with SharePoint Excel attached to colleague

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to PA usage so please excuse my very basic question!

Situation is as follows: I have an O356 GROUP (company members only) with a sharepoint. All members fill in their data in one excel file (stored at the sharepoint). This excel file needs to be sent (at the end of the month) to one person within my company. Prefferably, as an e-mail with the excel file atteched (not a link) to this mail.

I managened to set up the "once a month" rule with the flow. But I struggle to attach the excel file to an email.

How do I solve this issue nicely?

Many thanks in advance,

BR

Kai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zpemberton
Helper I
Helper I

You should be able to use "Get file content" action to obtain the content of the excel file.  Right after, you can use your send an email and within "Advanced Options" you will have the option to include your attachment.  Try this flow below.  You would enter these after your occurrence trigger.

Zpemberton_0-1648574041630.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Zpemberton
Helper I
Helper I

You should be able to use "Get file content" action to obtain the content of the excel file.  Right after, you can use your send an email and within "Advanced Options" you will have the option to include your attachment.  Try this flow below.  You would enter these after your occurrence trigger.

Zpemberton_0-1648574041630.png

jnernst
Helper III
Helper III

Is the excel file seated in the attachments of your SharePoint items? If so, make your trigger when an item is modified in that SharePoint list.

Set your email attachment to the "Item Modified Attachment"

Let me know if I answered your question!

KaiGerman

Hi @jnernst 

thanks; but I would like to avoid that every time, the excel is modified, an e-mail is sent to the receiver.

The frequency shall be only "once in a month" (otherwise, the receiver will kill me for getting many (useless) mails...)

Many thanks, your solution does exactly what I was looking for.

Many thanks!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (4,508)