cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillPope
Frequent Visitor

Send Email Digest of all open Planner Tasks to individual team member

Hi,

I have been struggling to create a flow that will send a recurring (weekly) email, with a digest summary of all tasks less than 100% complete. There is a template already that will send your own, but most of my team do not have the background to create their own flow, so I wanted to create a flow that would just do it for them on my behalf. I've tried everyway that I can think of, and each different way I get a different type and quantity for failures. 

So flow would be basically once a week, pull all tasks less than 100% complete (so open) and send a digest email to every user that has an open task with their specific tasks. Individual email, to individual user, with their specifically individual tasks in digest format? 

Can this be done?

Thank you in advance, from a person who is probably way above their head in trying to understand flows, but silly enough to try and do it anyway.

V/R,

Bill

20 REPLIES 20

Hi! Thank you so much for sharing your build. 

I followed the build and it is up and running. However I got a problem with implementing the filter array to sort out all the Completed tasks so they don't show. 

The filter array I am using is taking value from List Tasks 

value PercentComplete is less than int(100) 

Whenever I try to add this anywhere Flow automatically inserts an Apply to each statement. Where can I add in the filterarray without that popping up? 

Also-- Is it possible to do a filtered array of only tasks that have a start date within the next 2 weeks as well as the tasks due in the next 2 weeks? 

Thank you so much. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (43,560)