cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillPope
Frequent Visitor

Send Email Digest of all open Planner Tasks to individual team member

Hi,

I have been struggling to create a flow that will send a recurring (weekly) email, with a digest summary of all tasks less than 100% complete. There is a template already that will send your own, but most of my team do not have the background to create their own flow, so I wanted to create a flow that would just do it for them on my behalf. I've tried everyway that I can think of, and each different way I get a different type and quantity for failures. 

So flow would be basically once a week, pull all tasks less than 100% complete (so open) and send a digest email to every user that has an open task with their specific tasks. Individual email, to individual user, with their specifically individual tasks in digest format? 

Can this be done?

Thank you in advance, from a person who is probably way above their head in trying to understand flows, but silly enough to try and do it anyway.

V/R,

Bill

21 REPLIES 21

Hi! Thank you so much for sharing your build. 

I followed the build and it is up and running. However I got a problem with implementing the filter array to sort out all the Completed tasks so they don't show. 

The filter array I am using is taking value from List Tasks 

value PercentComplete is less than int(100) 

Whenever I try to add this anywhere Flow automatically inserts an Apply to each statement. Where can I add in the filterarray without that popping up? 

Also-- Is it possible to do a filtered array of only tasks that have a start date within the next 2 weeks as well as the tasks due in the next 2 weeks? 

Thank you so much. 

scottman1

Hi @ChristianAbata , @BillPope , @efialttes , @David_Mullenix ,

I found this thread while researching for the same thing. I have done my best to reproduce the flow but I too am getting an error when it gets to the Set Variable action in the Apply to each task loop. I am getting the error "The variable 'TeamArray' of type 'Array' cannot be initialized or updated with value of type 'String'. The variable 'TeamArray' only supports values of types 'Array'."

I would appreciate any insight you all have.

First half of flowFirst half of flow

Second half of flowSecond half of flow

Thanks,

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,450)